Supplemental Private Student Loan
Northwest Bank works with Iowa Student Loan® to offer supplemental private student loans to help you meet the cost of college.1
Partnership Advance Education Loan
The Partnership Advance Education Loan®:
- Provides details and terms upfront, so you know what you’re getting before you apply.
- Features variable and fixed interest rates.
- Lets you defer payments or make interest-only payments while you attend school.
- Offers a co-signer release benefit and interest rate reduction for auto-debit.
Compare rates, fees, terms and other loan information!
Apply Online at Iowa Student Loan
- Complete the FAFSA first.
The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov. In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
- Work with your college financial aid office.
Contact the financial aid professionals at your respective college or university to ensure that you have first applied for all applicable forms of federal, state and institutional financial aid for which you are eligible, including federal student loans, prior to obtaining a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before utilizing other types of aid available may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, non-profit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.