4 Easy Ways to Brighten Your Home This Winter
on Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Does winter get you down? Spending more time indoors and getting less exposure to the sun can really do a number on your mood. Fixing up your home can be the antidote to the blues that sometimes accompany this season.
Here are a few inexpensive ideas:
Not sure what paint color to choose?
Here's how certain colors influence how we think or feel.
Red: strength, attractiveness
Blue: trustworthiness, calm
Prepping for your home for the change in the weather.
On the practical side of things, there are a few maintenance jobs you'll need to take care of to be sure your home keeps you warm, dry, and cozy until spring returns. Use this checklist to prepare for whatever winter might throw at you:
- Reverse ceiling fans clockwise for cold weather
- Check roof for damage from summer heat and storms
- Check seals around doors and windows for gaps
- Find and clean up humidifiers in preparation for turning on the heat
- Check the blanket or insulation around your water heater for gaps or tears
- In cold areas, disconnect and pack away hoses and turn off outdoor taps
- Trim trees near your home that could fall during a storm
Winter is the perfect time to plan your next move! Whether you're thinking of moving into a new home or refinancing your existing property, let's connect to discuss all the options available to you