on Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Security & Fraud Information
ATM Safety Tips
- Keep your PIN number a secret. Never write it down or share it with anyone –not even family members.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night. Make sure the ATM is free of sight obstructions. If you observe suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the machine.
- Have your ATM card ready and in your hand as you approach the ATM.
- Use your hand to “shield” the ATM keypad as you enter your PIN. Often, criminals attempt to capture your PIN using a tiny camera attached to the ATM.
- Always take your receipts or transaction records with you.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM. Immediately put your money into your pocket or purse and count it later.
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are rolled up and all doors are locked. If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.