Check Your Android Mobile Device Operating System
on Thursday, December 28, 2017
Security & Fraud Information
EFFECTIVE January 1, 2018 Mobile Banking service will discontinue for Android KitKat Versions 4.4 - 4.4.4: At Northwest Bank we strive to maintain the highest level of security for our products to ensure your personal information is kept secure. With these efforts a change will be made to Northwest’s Mobile platforms (Mobile Banking, Business Banking and Tablet Banking Apps) that will require that your mobile device’s operating system is updated to: Lollipop V5.0. With all smartphone devices, the best practice is to make sure you have the latest operating system.
Android Users. Check your Android device or upgrade today.
- Go to the home screen of your Andriod device and click on Settings.
- Scroll to and click on System.
- Click on About Device.
- Note the number under Android Version; this is the version installed on the device. Your version needs to be Lollipop V5.0 or higher.
If your version is KitKat Version 4.4 or 4.4.4 or older please update your device:
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll and click on System Update.
- Click Check For System Update.
- If update is available click Install.
Click here for a more detailed step by step instructions
Questions or need help? Call us at 1-800-969-1265, Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM CST and Saturdays 9AM-1PM.