5700 University Avenue, Suite 100
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Email MeWatch My Video
Chris Benda became Northwest Wealth Management’s first advisor in August 2010, starting the Wealth Management team in West Des Moines. With over a decade of experience, Chris advises high net worth individuals and families on a full array of wealth management solutions, including investment policy development, asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk management, as well as tax and estate planning. Chris’s particular focus is towards building investment plans that are highly integrated to the overall life and legacy plan. With the addition of Ryan Hervey to the West Des Moines office in 2013, the Benda-Hervey team has allowed clients to experience a deep discovery process and a multi-disciplined approach to the issues and opportunities they face.
Chris earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Texas Tech University and holds the Certified Investment Management AnalystSM designation, administered by Investment Management Consultants AssociationSM and taught in conjunction with The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Chris’s Top 3 Areas of Practice Emphasis:
- Portfolio Management – Investment Policy Statement (IPS) development, Asset Allocation, Portfolio Construction
- Wealth Management Strategies – Tax Strategies and Retirement Planning, with a Focus on Closely-Held Business Owners
- Legacy Planning – Charitable Giving, Estate Planning, Wealth Transfer
Chris’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder® Themes:
- Individualization: People strong in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.
- Ideation: People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Futuristic: People strong in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
- Competition: People strong in the Competition theme measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.
- Strategic: People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
Investment Management Consultants Association is the owner of the certification mark "CIMA®," the service marks "Certified Investment Management AnalystSM," "Investment Management Consultants AssociationSM," and "IMCA®." Use of the CIMA® or Certified Investment Management AnalystSM signifies that the user has successfully completed IMCA's initial and ongoing credentialing requirements for investment management consultants.