5700 University Avenue, Suite 100
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Ryan Hervey is the lead Advisor on our Wealth Management team in West Des Moines, having joined Northwest in 2013. Ryan’s mission is to impact the lives of his clients through a deep understanding of their core beliefs and a desire to build rich relationships. His highly analytical and risk savvy approach to problem solving blended with his casual, conversational style makes for a client experience built on connection and communication. Starting with a crisp client discovery process honed through his legal background, deep conversations lead to plans that balance his clients’ desires for meaningful lives and legacies. Ryan works primarily with individuals, closely-held businesses, and 401(k) plans.
Ryan is a 1996 graduate of Urbandale High School, 2001 graduate of Simpson College (B.A. in History & Political Science), and 2004 graduate of Drake Law School, with honors, and a focus on taxation. He lives in West Des Moines with his wife and three children.
He's an INTP (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) and Enneagram 5w4. He also loves "Top" lists.
Ryan’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder® Themes:
- Strategic: People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- Ideation: People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Maximizer: People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
- Connectedness: People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- Belief: People strong in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.
Ryan’s Top 5 Television Shows:
- Mad Men
- The Americans
- The Wire
- Breaking Bad
Ryan’s Top 5 Movies:
- Pulp Fiction
- The Dark Knight
- Bull Durham
- His Girl Friday