on Monday, October 15, 2018
Security & Fraud Information
You know that tiny chip that was added to your debit card a few years ago? That little chip has helped reduce fraud due to counterfeit cards by 70% in just two years. But, many ATMs and fuel pumps haven't converted to the chip technology yet making them prime targets for fraudsters who want to steal your info.
Keep yourself and your card data protected while you're at the ATM or Fuel pump with these simple STEPS:
- Set online and mobile banking fraud alerts
- Tug the card reader. Is it loose?
- Examine your surroundings.
- Protect your PIN; cover it with your hand.
- Scan for security tape seal on pump
Here are some additional tips to stay safe:
- Use an ATM in a well-lit area.
- Use a fuel pump closest to and facing the store.
- Closely monitor your accounts and call us if you suspect fraud.
New Debit Card Enhancements - Check it out!