Supplemental Private Student Loan
Northwest Bank works with Iowa Student Loan®, the state’s nonprofit student loan experts, to offer competitively priced supplemental private loans to help you pay for college.1
- The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan) is for students and their cosigners.
- The College Family Loan is for parents, family members and others who wish to borrow on behalf of a student.
With these loans, you know what you’re getting before you apply as all terms and conditions, including credit score requirements for specific rates, are provided upfront. In addition, there are no upfront origination fees and you can earn an interest rate reduction for making payments by auto-debit in repayment. Note: Both the Partnership Loan and College Family Loan are subject to credit approval.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing
Take advantage of these smart borrowing resources while planning for college and before applying for student loans. These free resources include online tools to help students and families:
- Avoid overborrowing
- Explore jobs and potential earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- Estimate total college costs for four years of undergraduate students.
Before applying for a private loan, be sure to complete the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, first. You should also work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
Partnership Advance Education Loan
The Partnership Advance Education Loan®:
- Provides details and terms upfront, so you know what you’re getting before you apply.
- Features variable and fixed interest rates.
- Lets you defer payments or make interest-only payments while you attend school.
- Offers a co-signer release benefit and interest rate reduction for auto-debit.
College Family Loan
Offered nationwide, the College Family Loan is a private loan for creditworthy parents, family members or friends to assist students with education expenses and features:
- All rates presented before applying.
- Clear and upfront details.
- Repayment benefits.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, non-profit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in post secondary education.