We work with Iowa Student Loan to offer private loans to help you pay for college as well as refinance existing student loans. As an Iowa nonprofit and the state’s student loan experts, Iowa Student Loan offers competitively priced loans.*
The Partnership Advance Education Loan and College Family Loan were created to help you pay college costs while you are or your student is in school. With these loans, you know what you’re getting before you apply as all terms and conditions, including credit score requirements for specific rates, are provided upfront.
- The Partnership Loan is for students and their cosigners.
- The College Family Loan is for parents, family members and others who wish to borrow on behalf of a student.
Learn More and Apply Now!
The Reset Refinance Loan can help you simplify repayment or pay lower interest costs on existing student loans after college. Find the rates and payments you qualify for by completing their online pre-qualification tool to see how you could benefit.
These loans are subject to credit approval.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan’s free planning tools while planning for college and before applying for student loans to:
- Avoid overborrowing
- Explore jobs and potential earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- Estimate total college costs for four years of undergraduate students.
Before applying for a private loan, be sure to complete the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, first. You should also work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
SP3 | Student Planning Pointers for Parents
As students progress through high school, the pressure builds to help them discover a path for success after high school graduation.
- Is college, a certificate or a skilled trade right for your student?
- What should students do when and what can parents do to help them with those tasks?
- How does this all affect family finances?
SP3** is a free service from Iowa Student Loan® and helps parents with all these questions and more. Once registered you will receive two monthly emails providing tools, tips and conversation starters for your 8th - 12th grade students including:
- Understanding how to budget for the future
- Why GPAs, ACT and SAT scores matter
- How to plan for education and training after high school
- Completing the FAFSA, understanding the cost of college and the financial aid process
All information is based on grade level and is appropriate for the time of year. Written and compiled by the professionals at Iowa Student Loan, a nonprofit committed to helping families successfully pay for education after high school.
In addition, registered Iowa participates are entered into quarterly drawings. Each quarter 40 winners are randomly selected that will receive $250 towards a 529 savings plan courtesy of Iowa Student Loan®. For more information on the quarterly drawing please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up Now